Monday, August 11, 2008

Here is my summer reading...

Here are two books I finished this Summer and another two i completed in the Spring:

Great read if you want something out-of-the-box. For fans of Blue Like Jazz (which I read last fall) and anything thats not your typical-christian-living pick up. My friend Richard said it was great and one of the best he had read in awhile, it was good just not the best.

In my vain efforts to try and figure out the opposite sex, i tried my yearly relationship book and it was pretty decent. It was a little repetitive but short and to the point in some areas. Thinking ladies should read it, too!

It has been a long time coming, but back to one of my favorite authors in my library. I had been wanting this book since it came out 2 years ago at the Lifeway I was working at, and i was able to pick it up for $5 a the five buck christian bookstore at tanger. AWESOME READ!

I started this one last summer in July and I finished it around late April, finally. It was probably the longest book I've ever read cover to cover (besides the Bible) and the persistence paid off. What a great history of the work and movement of the Conservative Resurgence in the Southern Baptist Convention. EVERY Southern Baptists needs to read this!

1 comment:

Chris Brank said...

dude! i loved searching for God knows what. puts that whole Jesus guy in a new perspective.