Sunday, December 07, 2008

Early December update

It has been awhile since i last put a blog post up so i thought a Sunday afternoon one would be a good time for one. I've got all the gifts bought, well except for Grandma who is always the person i need Mom's help with in buying. But I'm getting very excited, even though it does not seem like Christmas is 18 days away. It's been a slow month thus far and it appears as it will be a slow one all the way through, which I am thankful for!

I don't know if I've ever quoted Reverend Billy Graham on my blog, but i thought the following excerpt was worth it:

In his recent letter to supporters of the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, Graham writes: "I also told my friend that my main reaction as I have approached my 90th birthday has been one of deep gratitude and thankfulness. For seven decades, my calling has been to preach the simple message of the Gospel: that God loves us, that He sent His Son into the world to take away our sins by His death on the cross, that we can be forgiven adn reconciled to God through faith in Christ as our Lord and Savior, that through Him we can have hope--hope for a new life right now, and hope for a joyous eternity with Him in Heaven"

More Books I've Read for 2008:

I read at least one Lucado book a year, and usually it is not the current one! Facing your Giants gives a character look at the popular Old Testament figure David. Born a shepherd boy who later becomes King, Lucado drives the reader to see the successes and flaws of not just David but his/hers as well.


She may not be Liberal American's favorite, but she has instilled tenacity and a new wave of GOP leadership into American politics. This book gives a touching history and background of the Sarah Palin many know but don't know much about! Definite read if you enjoy US politics.

I usually don't read books very fast, as comprehension is a difficult for me; however, this book and the book above and below were all read in a matter of a few sit-downs. Mouw, though sometimes a little inclusive in his theology of salvation, describes an accurate description of anyone who describes to a non or pro calvinistic theology. What description would that be? Love! How important it is to love others like Christ loves us no matter where we agree, disagree, or agree to disagree!

Some of you may or may not know, but dad allowed us (randy and I) to watch professional wrestling growing up. To this day I do enjoy the matches and hoolah of wrestlers both on and off the mat. But by far, Sting has been my favorite ever since I can remember. This autobiographical looks shows how a man so well-known and involved in a world-ly lifestyle turned to place his faith and trust in the Lord Jesus Christ. Read it in about 3 hours.

No comments: