Sunday, April 26, 2009

Myrtle Beach FIRES! and 3 more books

Many of you have inquired and thought about me in the latter part of this past week concerning the fires here in Horry County. Below is a picture my friend and ministry partner, Todd Wood, took while with Horry County Emergency responders as he worked with our association's Disaster Relief:

I had the opportunity to do fly to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania in a 25 hour whirlwind trip this weekend, and I got two books finished:


Counted Righteous in Christ by John Piper, I started in 2007 and it has been a deep struggle to comprehend and understand.

Christian Modesty and the Public Undressing of America by Jeff Pollard, I picked up used and 60% off and let's just say "it was interesting".

Here is a throw-back book I finished at the end of last year, 2008. I never got it on the blog, so here is to forgetfulness. I really enjoyed reading this book (written before the national election in November) and specifically about the unbiased writing of Mansfield. He (to my lack of knowledge) expounded greatly on the controversy of Obama's previous pastor, Reverend Wright. I am interested (and have obtained) others books by Mansfield regarding former President George W. Bush and current Pope Benedict XVI.

No comments: