Tuesday, December 05, 2006

BIG NEWS - Goin' Coastal

Just the other week at Lifeway Christian Store (where I work), a lady said she needed help and she called me by name. Granted I have a name badge and a lifeway embroidered shirt that looks exceptionally hott with my khakis, but this lady "knew" who I was. She knew because me because she saw me this past summer as I gave my testimony at the TravelPark Campground service on the first of eight Sunday campgrounds services that our ICO (3-person) team went to. I have to tell you, that over the past 4-5 months, God has affirmed His next ministry for me over and over again this semester. I cannot tell you how many goosebumps I have had, how much I have prayed, and how people in my life have encouraged and affirmed God's leading in my life come January 2007. After I graduate from Southeastern Next Friday the 15th, I am packing and "Goin' Coastal"!

Yesterday, Tuesday the 5th, I was approved by the North America Mission Board (NAMB) to serve as a US/C2 missionary in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. The US/C2 position is a 2-year appointed position by NAMB to serve in the USA. My position title is "Church and Community Ministries Missionary." I will work with the Waccamaw Baptist Association, which is comprised of over 72 local baptist churches in the Myrtle Beach area. I will serve with the Intracoastal Outreach of the association partnering with churches from all over the USA to minister through the summer in the Grand Strand Community, the 3rd top tourist city in the USA!

I AM TOTALLY EXCITED AND READY TO SERVE THE LORD IN THIS CAPACITY. I NEVER WOULD HAVE THOUGHT THAT AFTER SERVING THIS SUMMER WITH ICO THAT I WOULD SERVE FOR TWO YEARS DOING MINISTRY TO PEOPLE WHO NEED JESUS AND EQUIPPING LOCAL CHURCHES FOR THE GREAT COMMISSION THROUGH THE GREAT COMMANDMENT IN THE MYRTLE BEACH COMMUNITY.

Will you covenant with me in prayer for the sand ahead, the churches I will work with, the people I will serve with, the opportunites that abound, and the creativity that will arise to share Christ's love and His Gospel?

Look for me on myrtle with my yellow shirt -- GOIN' COASTAL

Why? Because Missions is a Lifestyle!



5 comments:

Kate said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Richard D. Jenkins said...

Peter,
We are disappointed that you will be joining our team here at Myrtle Beach. We are very happy in our level of nonproductivity and lack of spirituality. Now you have gone and messed that up. Yipeee...we are pretty excited about you being here!! One word of advise: from experience we know that it is not wise to minister in only a Yellow Intracoastal shirt...unless you have plenty of sunscreen. It is also great to finally see Kate from her comment above. Hmm, maybe you should stay in NC?? We look forward to meeting her soon. We love you, Peter and are still praying for the time that we will be working together, bringing our gifts to the table...to celebrate Jesus, the Christ.

The Minstrel said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Minstrel said...

Congrats Pedro...You're the best man. I can't wait to see you at the reunion. By the way, I've seen the picture of your woman and I have to say that you pulled a major upset my friend...lol

Kate said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.