Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Fuel for Missions Aim

What fuels you to do missions and share Christ? This summer I shared with a couple of our groups a message on John 14:6 " Jesus said, 'I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life,' No one comes to the Father except through Me." This verse fuels my desire to bring the Gospel to the hard people in the hard places (as John Piper puts it). Not only does Christ boldly exclaim the exclusivity of the Gospel, but in saying it, I believe He exerts His authority and power. Jesus draws the line in the sand and says that without Him noone comes to the Father. This fuels my flame for living and telling the Gospel. John 14:6 shows us the absolute that without Christ we will not see Glory. Without Christ we will never be satisfied or fulfilled with the abundant life He has to offer you and I. Are you satisfied? Christ is more than enough and He is more than you will ever need in this life. What fuels you?

1 comment:

Richard D. Jenkins said...

My fuel comes from restoration. For me, I never had a fire until I realized what grace was/is all about. Understanding, at least on a minor level, that we are fully known and (because of Christ) fully loved by God, made me more free to share the "Good News". I have a strange feeling that the Leper, the Woman caught in adultery, and the woman at the well, were excited with restoration and desired to tell others.

If the Son has set you Free...you are free Indeed!!