Friday, August 11, 2006

The Little Things in LIFE

You know, the little things in life get me really excited! For example, this blog excites me! But, when is the last time you saw someone excited about sharing Christ and showing His love? This summer I watched a girl on my team at Intracoastal Outreach share Christ's love in a way that touched my heart, deeply! Cherie would pick up some of her kids from the morning day camp and take them to our service we had for our student groups at the Holiday Inn. Following the service, she would often run them home, but not before she went to Sonic to get them a little tasty treat. I have to admit that this really changed my outlook on ministering to kids. Not only did these kids see Cherie eight full weeks out of the summer, every morning (Monday-Friday), whether it was a good day or a bad day, but Cherie went beyond her responsiblity to minister. I can write tonight that God called Cherie to minister to those kids at Sandygate because she took ownership and shared her love with them. When is the last time you took ownership of what you were called to do and you do it in/with love?

No comments: