Monday, September 04, 2006

Labor Day 2006

So I just returned from a wonderful and relaxing vacation in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. Yes, a little trip back to memory lane and to the Intracoastal Outreach refuge on 4th Avenue North! It was a great adventure where I got to see some former summer staffers (kyle young, amanda raymer, and alissa), my US2 friend Amanda Smith, and all of five minutes with my summer supervisor Todd Wodd. It was also a blessing to spend some time with Richard Jenkins, chaplain at Apache Family Campground and play some putt-putt with him (definitely our summer competitive-activity). Sunday morning I had the chance to preach to his Apache congregation on the pier over the Atlantic Ocean. Saturday night was spent in Pawley's Island with my friend Keith Wall and his family over dinner (Keith and I served on church staff together when I was at Charleston Southern University). I hope your Labor Day and your Labor Day weekend was a blessing from the Father of Lights!

3 comments:

Richard D. Jenkins said...

Peter, you are my hero!! Thanks for preaching for me.

Consider the putt putt lesson as my viable payment option.

Praying for a sprint to the finish in your endeavors of academia.

Richard D. Jenkins said...

I don't even get an honorable mention?!

Connector Blog said...

Sarah, sorry I didnt publicly honor you. I am indebted to your allowing Richard out of the house :) for some competition!