Monday, September 25, 2006

Senator Jim DeMint

When I travel home mid-October, I intend on voting absentee. Over the past year I have some, though very little, correspondence with South Carolina Senator Jim DeMint. First, I contacted his office about the hostility by India's government and Hindu leaders concerning the Emmanuel Ministries in Kota, India. A bill was put before the senate and Demint gave his approval for the bill. Second, I learned that DeMint would be speaking to the South Carolina Baptist Convention in November and I emailed his office letting DeMint know I was praying for him, as he would be giving his testimonty to the SCBC messengers.
I am an avid reader of the Baptist Press webpage and the following was released at
this page concerning Senator DeMint:

Sen. Jim DeMint, R.-S.C., has blocked a confirmation vote on President Bush’s nominee to head the Food and Drug Administration unless he acts to suspend the sale of the abortion drug RU 486.


I know where I stand and vote w
hen it comes to S.Carolina Senator Jim DeMint!

No comments: