Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Not your normal post :

I recently wrote the following to the Richard Furman Scholarship Committee of the South Carolina Baptist Convention,

"I am grateful and honored to be a recipient of the Richard Furman Scholarship I received on May 26, 2006, which will assist my seminary education at the Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary. I recognize this letter of thanks is overdue, but I received the scholarship letter while serving for ten weeks this summer with the Intracoastal Outreach in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. After overcoming a move from the New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary due to Hurricane Katrina just one year ago, I have seen the power, provision, and love of God in amazing ways. I will graduate from SEBTS on December 15 this year with a Masters of Divinity degree in the area of Christian Education. Furthermore, I will be obtaining a Youth Ministry Certificate from the New Orleans Seminary. I know my parents share in appreciation with me in this special financial gift. I am personally thankful for the people of the South Carolina Baptist Convention who are giving through the Cooperative Program as they seek to help and train men and women of God for Kingdom work by giving sacrificially in this way. The Cooperative Program is making education a reality for me!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's offical. You are still the BIGGEST Baptist I know!!

Connector Blog said...

Ryan,

I will take this comment as ENCOURAGEMENT. I like every other good Southern Baptist will say....

I am Baptist by CONVICTION.
Saved by the GRACE of God!

Just remember my name on the ballot in the coming years as you are a messenger to the Southern Baptist Convention!